Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ty's First Day of Preschool



Let's just say that Ty's first day was a little upsetting for him. I made Theron take him and he called me fifteen minutes later saying that he couldn't even get him through the door. He was screaming and yelling and thrashing around. Finally the teacher came and got him and told Theron to leave. I guess she said something to him because he stopped. When I picked him up he was happy and didn't want to leave. He cried again the next time but when we took him on Fri. he didn't cry so hopefully thing will continue to go well. He has to take his blankie and carries it with him during the whole class. His teacher said that we can work on getting him to leave his blankie. What? We just want him not to scream and go to preschool-may be too much for the little tyke-but hey if she can get him to leave it-why not?

6 comments:

Lindsey Springfield said...

That is funny! Made me laugh, such a cute kid! Thanks for sharing!

Taylors said...

he is so cute! i can't believe how he looks like such a big boy! i miss having you guys in our ward too :( we have to get together soon!

Ryan and Bethany said...

I can tell Ty is going to be a smarty pants at school. As long as he has his blankie with him. . .

Jill Wright said...

That first day of school is always a little nerve-racking as a mom. You never know how the kid is really going to act once you get there. He'll do great though. I can't believe he's in pre-school all ready. Riggs started a few weeks ago too. We've got to get them together. Let me know when we can have Ty come play.
Jonathan is getting so big and cute. Your boys are both adorable.

Mindy said...

oh me oh my! i hope things get better and the blankie just might have to stay. see you tonight at book club.

Rhonda said...

Usually I'm the one crying on the first day (or days) of school. After we get used to the routine it's better though... Ty's growing into such a big boy! I love that he takes his blankie with him.